Audio Samples - Comedy
These MP3 soundtrack excerpts are © Alice Trueman 2004-2012, and may not be reproduced or distributed without written permission. All rights reserved.
Quality Time dir. Polly Thomas (2013)
Comedy short in which a father and son attempt to spend some quality time in the local park, with amusing consequences!
Click to play (0.6 MB)
Click to play (1.5 MB)
Click to play (1.1 MB)
Turbulence dir. Michael B. Clifford
Feature film made by BAFTA award-winning team, director Michael Baig Clifford and producer Natasha Carlish.
Synopsis: When a failing music venue staffed by fools looks set to close, manager Keith launches a last ditch Battle of the Bands competition. More by accident than by design, musical genius is unleashed by a rapping transvestite, some precocious indie rockers (The Scholars) and a barmaid with a golden voice (Rosie), who together try to save the world they love.
Click here for the trailer: http://www.turbulencefilm.com
Showreel of clips:
1. Opening titles music leading into dreamy Regency-era style arrangement of Scholars Song 'Turbulence' (music for Jane Austen-obsessed Rosie)
2. Classical Indian music for Christian, a 'far out' hippie character
3. Comedy sting using another melody from the song 'Turbulence'
4. Melancholy music underscoring regrets of Dillan over splitting with Adrian, the lead singer of The Scholars
5. 'Mr Darcey's white shirt' - Rosie describes the eternal allure of the scene from the TV adaptation of Pride and Prejudice where Mr Darcey junps into a lake in a white shirt
6. Comedically bad music for the Battle of the Bands
7. Rosie fulfills her dreams and nervously walks to the stage to sing with The Scholars (1.8 MB)
Click to play (4.2 MB)
You're an Embarrassment dir. Justin Edgar
Jazz featuring live saxophone. Theme music for sleazy comedy film produced as part of Brummiewood 2004.
Click to play (1.8 MB)
And So Say All of Us dir. Polly Thomas
Music for a dark comedy radio drama broadcast on Radio 3.
The play was written by a team of award-winning writers headed by Dan Rebellato and directed by Polly Thomas. Alice's unhinged electronic music underscores unsettling domestic scenes as the characters dismantle their homes in the lead up to what seems to be the end of the world.
Click to play (6.1 MB)
Blood Actually dir. Paul Hardy (2008)
Music for goth-club scenes in vam-rom-com short.
Click to play (2.5 MB)